Thursday, September 13, 2012

Self-Portrait


I chose this picture to represent my adventurous side. I am always up for a new challenge. Adrenaline rushes give off a feeling of invincibility. I can’t get that from sitting in my room playing video games. I haven’t been able to do as much because before I was 18 my mom was scared I would somehow hurt myself doing something, but now I am ready to try all of it! It doesn’t always have to be scary or thrilling. Just going to exotic and new places we’ve never been is a thrill enough for me. Driving four hours to canoe for an hour, or jumping in the lake fully dressed, or going to a special restaurant just because it was on the Food Network Channel is enough for me. Advanced adventures, like skydiving and scuba diving, will eventually be accomplished.
-Picture courtesy of: http://listverse.com/2009/02/05/top-10-fascinating-skydiving-myths/

This clock, containing jumbled up numbers, is a symbol of my relaxed nature. I am very “go with the flow”. Sometimes I will write out a to-do list, but normally I will just lose it. As you have probably gathered, I like to have fun, and you can’t put a time limit on fun. I also think that this is a symbol of my “free-spiritedness.” I like to make my own rules. Generally speaking, I would rather not listen to other people. I’m not the type of girl that cares about what other people think about me. Conforming is not something that I do on a regular basis. I think independently and live by my own unique thoughts.
-Picture courtesy of: http://offroadinghome.blogspot.com/2010/06/doing-gps-101-numbers.html


I would like to say that I am a very strong woman, physically and emotionally. I will find a way to handle whatever is thrown at me, somehow or another. I am not very good at showing my emotions and feelings, besides the basic happy and sad faces. I’ve grown up in family of independent women who have always thought for themselves and wouldn’t let a man run their lives. I am the same way. I will stick up for what I believe in, and no one will make me stray. Physically, I eat relatively healthy, and I like to keep my body in shape.
-Picture courtesy of: http://www.canstockphoto.com/girl-7960769.html


One of my passions is baking. I love baking cookies, cakes, pies, breads, and a variety of “café drinks” like smoothies and iced coffees. My goal in life when I graduate and get a successful job is to open my own bakery or café. For now, I just bake for fun. Baking and decorating allows me to show off my generally hidden creative side. I can add vibrant colors and unique designs and people admire them. I am constantly looking for new recipes to try, whether for a family gathering or because it looks delicious! I would say that even during school I will make some type of tasty treat about once a week.
-Picture courtesy of:http://thatwinsomegirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/chocolate-cupcakes-with-chocolate-fudge.html


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Great job on writing so many details in your paragraphs. You really went in depth as to how these pictures describe you as a person. Very minor punctuation errors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love baking and cooking and, I highly recommend sky diving. Your second paragraph seemed to ramble a little, maybe you could reorganize it or cut it down. You have some punctuation errors but, other then that it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job of getting my attention in the first paragraph. I really found it interesting. You went in to depth, which is good.I can relate to the adrenaline feeling. I love roller coasters and going fast, it makes you feel great. I like how you went into depth in all your paragraphs and you did a great job at telling us why you chose the picture you chose. Overall, you did a great job! I enjoyed reading it. I'd say a few mistakes, but not much. Maybe take out a couple things, or reorganize a part. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Julie. I've posted my comments to Blackboard.

    ReplyDelete